Pesticides are chemicals designed to kill or repel insects, rodents, plants, or mold in our crops, schools, homes, and play places. Children are primarily exposed through residues in foods. Exposures are linked to some cancers, neurological and behavioral problems, and acute poisonings. Informed choices and behaviors can prevent unnecessary pesticide exposures.
Emergency Situations: Poison Control Center 1(800)222-1222
General Pesticide Information:
423 Griffing Avenue, Suite 100, Riverhead, New York 11901-3071
TEL: 631-727-7850, FAX: 631-727-7130
- IPM (Integrated Pest Management)
- NY State Department of Health, Pesticide Information
- NY State Department of Health, Reducing Exposure
- NY State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC), Bureau of Pesticides Management (518) 457-7482
- Region 1 DEC office
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Pesticide Safety
Click to download Message Map as a PDF.