- Finger Lakes Children’s Environmental Health Center Brochure
- Healthy Home, Healthy Family DVD on WXXI
- County Health Departments
- WNY Lead Poisoning Resource Center
- NYS Dept of Health: Center for Environmental Health
- USA Centers for Disease Control: Children’s Environmental Health
- USA Environmental Protection Agency: Protecting Children’s Environmental Health
- MotherToBaby Website
- University of Rochester’s Environmental Health Sciences Center – Community Outreach and Engagement Core
The Rochester center is located at the University of Rochester Medical Center/Golisano Children’s Hospital, serving 15 counties in the Finger Lakes region of New York State.
This center focuses on providing services those who are pregnant, breast-feeding, or considering pregnancy as well as children. The site educates the population it serves on environmental health hazards from air, food, and water that may affect mothers. Additionally, Rochester CEHC focuses on environmental health stressors that may be hazards for pregnant women, such as chemicals that can pass from mother to baby.
Rochester CEHC site has created the Healthy Homes DVD project, which can be found on YouTube, in order to reduce pollution in the home. The topics on this DVD include air quality, asbestos, chemicals, lead, and mold.
Contact us for information concerning environmental exposures in children and in women who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or considering pregnancy. Experienced health care providers will provide you with the knowledge and counsel you seek.
Finger Lakes Children’s Environmental Health Center
UR Medicine-Golisano Children’s Hospital
601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 777
Rochester NY 14642
Toll free: 844-352-2430 (844-FLCEHC-0)
You can also use the form at the bottom of this page.