New York State Centers of Excellence in Children’s Environmental Health
Call for Applicants: Pediatric Environmental Health Scholars Program
Start Date: As early as January 2018 (and on a rolling basis)
The New York State Centers of Excellence in Children’s Environmental Health are pleased to announce a call for applicants for Pediatric Environmental Health Scholars. Our networks of Centers, located in seven medical centers across New York State, is dedicated to protecting and improving the environmental health of New York’s children through clinical, educational and community-based initiatives.
Focus: The primary focus of the training program is to train future leaders in children’s environmental health, emphasizing primary prevention efforts and strategies to promote healthy environments on a policy level throughout New York State. Trainees will benefit from expert mentorship from faculty, community partners and local/state public health agencies across the Network.
Scholars will be based at one of the following Centers: Albany Medical Center, Buffalo Regional Children’s Environmental Health Center, Syracuse Upstate Children’s Environmental Health Center, Rochester Finger Lakes Children’s Environmental Health Center, Westchester Children’s Environmental Health Center of the Hudson Valley, and the Center of Excellence in Children’s Environmental Health at Stony Brook/Northwell.
Selected Scholars will:
- Collaborate with leading experts in the fields of environmental health, environmental pediatrics, toxicology, epidemiology, and risk assessment on important current and emerging environmental health issues in NY.
- Participate in work on cross-cutting population-based environmental health interventions.
- Collaborate with community organizations and promote initiatives to improve the health of all NY children.
- Gain expertise in risk communication and provide sound, evidence-based counseling about how to prevent and reduce environmental exposures to families and communities.
- Participate in educational activities to expand their knowledge in environmental public health.
- Provide mentorship to trainees (students, residents) participating in elective programs.
Eligibility: Professionals in the health field, with a strong interest in children’s environmental health are encouraged to apply. We are seeking diverse applicants from a variety of training backgrounds (e.g., MD, DO, RN, SW, PhD, MPH etc.) and varied experiences in the medical, public health, or social service fields.
Anticipated start date/duration: Can be as early as January 2018; applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and additional scholars may start at a later date. The duration of training can be 1-2 years, and can be full-time or part-time.
How to Apply: Please complete the attached application and also include curriculum vitae (CV) and up to three letters of recommendations for consideration. Please direct any questions and email your application with the Subject Line: Pediatric Environmental Health Scholars Program to the attention of Marisela Bolanos at: email@example.com
Mount Sinai Hospital and Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai are equal opportunity/ affirmative action employers. Women and minority candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.